At Wise & Hammer we create exceptional experiences.
We are a boutique firm providing high-quality custom design and interactive solutions for a growing list of client/partners
Your main responsibilities:
You’ll be working with development and design teams to build new standards-compliant websites and web based applications. Detail is our middle name, so you’ll need to stay sharp! You will also need to be ready for a challenge working on custom WordPress and Drupal theming or fully customized templates and scripts.
At Wise & Hammer you wont be treated like some faceless code jockey. Here you will participate in many aspects of the development cycle, acting as an advocate for technical excellence.
- 3+years professional experience in web development
- Expertise in object-oriented and functional programming
- Experience with frontend frameworks, such as AngularJS or KnockoutJS
- Experience with Sass or similar tools, such as Stylus or Less
- Experience with frontend build tools, such as Grunt or Gulp
- Experience building themes and plugins/modules for WordPress/Drupal
- Experience with template languages, such as Twig or Moustache
- Experience with Git and comfortable working from the command line
- Experience with performance testing and optimization
- Familiar with in-browser tools for profiling
- Experience writing tests and familiarity with tools, such as Mocha
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment on multiple projects
- Happy in a Mac environment
- Passion for open-source projects
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as Redis and MongoDB
- Experience with NodeJS
- Familiar with continuous integration
- Experience with web application frameworks, such as Ruby on Rails and Laravel
- Experience with CRM systems, such as CiviCRM, Sugar, Pivotal or Salesforce
- Experience or interest in design and UI
- Familiar with accessibility and AODA compliance
You should have
- Passion for clear, expressive and modular code
- Attention to detail and obsession with consistent code style
- Thirst for knowledge and desire to keep expanding your skills
- Excellent ability to stay on top of competing tasks and priorities
- Respect for style guides and coding standards
- Respect for the user experience
- A sense of humour
Some of the perks
- Health/Insurance Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life)
- Flexible Hours & Unlimited Vacation Time
- Casual, Fun, Relaxed Atmosphere
- Free Coffee, Pop, Juice and Snacks
- Opportunities to Learn, Attend Workshops and Conferences
- Challenging Projects, Diverse Client Base
- Working in beautiful downtown Hamilton
- MacBook Pro and a nice big monitor (!!!)
- This is a full time / on-site position.
To apply, please e-mail your resume and samples of your code to email@example.com with the title “I am your Web Developer”
If you really want to knock our socks off, send us a short video introducing yourself and telling us why you are the right person for the job.
(We suggest sending us a link to your unlisted/private video on YouTube or password protected video on Vimeo.)
Please, also indicate your availability and salary expectations.