At Wise & Hammer we create exceptional experiences.
We are a boutique firm providing high-quality custom design and interactive solutions for a growing list of client/partners
Wise & Hammer is on the lookout for a truly excellent web developer to join our close-knit team. At Wise & Hammer you will be crafting exceptional experiences for a variety of outstanding clients. If you wield semantic HTML and efficient CSS like a boss, or get almost embarrassingly excited about the discovery of a new development framework. You should think about joining us!
Your main responsibilities:
You’ll be working with our Senior Developer and design team to build new standards-compliant websites and web based applications. Detail is our middle name, so you’ll need to stay sharp! You will also need to be ready for a challenge. One day you may be developing custom Drupal modules and WordPress configurations the next you could be working with DotNetNuke, DotCMS or even developing a custom solution in your favourite PHP framework. At Wise & Hammer you wont be treated like some faceless code jockey. Here you will be fully engaged in our project process, acting as an advocate for technical excellence.
- 3+ years professional experience in web development.
- Strong HTML and CSS skills (HTML5 / CSS3 a plus)
- Expertise with PHP frameworks
- Experience with the integration and implementation of 3rd party APIs and applications.
- Experience with CMS and CRM platforms
- Experience with cross-browser and mobile optimizations
- Strong technical aptitude
- Strong emphasis on pixel-perfect, standards-compliant code
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment on multiple projects
- Capacity to learn new technologies / programming languages quickly
- Understanding of basic graphic design principles and interaction design
- Comfortable in a Mac environment
- Advanced knowledge of hosting environments (set-up, optimize)
- Custom CMS development experience
- Knowledge of Drupal and WP custom theme development
- Experience with CRM systems such as Sugar, Pivotal or Salesforce
- Experience working on projects with source control management (Git, Subversion)
- Working knowledge of Information Architecture concepts
- Experience in functional and QA testing concepts
- Familiarity with Accessibility / AODA Compliance
What you’ll need to stand out at Wise & Hammer
- Love for client services
- Passion for clean, elegant code and a hunger to keep making it better
- Thirst for knowledge and desire to keep expanding your skills
- Strong drive to achieve goals and the self-motivation to get there
- Excellent ability to stay on top of a variety of competing tasks and priorities
- Respect for the user experience
- sense of humour
Some of the perks
- Flexible Hours & Unlimited Vacation
- Casual, Fun, Relaxed Atmosphere
- Free Coffee, Pop, Juice and Snacks
- Opportunities to Learn, Attend Workshops and Conferences
- Challenging Projects, Diverse Client Base
- MacBook Pro and a nice big monitor (!!!)
This is a full time (Contract to hire) on-site position.
To apply, please e-mail your resume and samples of your code to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “I am your Web Developer” Please, also indicate your availability and salary expectations.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note: Only those selected for interview will be contacted.