At Wise & Hammer we create exceptional experiences.
Amazing ongoing service & support for our clients is a big part of that. We take an active interest in our client’s businesses, monitoring and resolving technical problems, providing insight and thinking beyond general technical support. At Wise & Hammer our goal is always to provide an above and beyond experience.
Wise & Hammer is on the lookout for a few amazing Service & Support Specialists to join our family. At Wise & Hammer you will be working closely with clients and the W&H team. You will be maintaining and improving web solutions built on various platforms, and providing technical support and general consultation to clients on a daily basis.
If you have passion for the web, open-source development, and for helping clients get the most out of their products. You should think about joining us!
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Work closely with clients and the W&H team to provide exceptional service to support and improve web solutions built on various platforms (primarily Drupal, and WordPress). You will provide technical support and general consultation to clients/partners on a daily basis. You will always strive to ensure clients feel respected, valued and heard in each interaction.
- Work with senior developers to execute and/or facilitate rapid turnarounds of small development tasks (<5 hours) while ensuring maintainability of implemented solutions.
- Admin responsibilities, including creating and updating service tickets, time keeping, estimating, and credentials management.
- Use development and diagnostic tools to evaluate website performance, QA, load test, and troubleshoot every imaginable problem that might come up with a website.
- Stay up-to-date with managed platforms and web development best practices.
- Work with Google tools like Google Analytics, Google AdWords, and Google Webmaster Tools to support digital marketing campaigns and reporting on clients digital products.
- Tech savvy – you have basic programming & debugging experience with PHP, HTML and CSS. You’re familiar with Drupal, WordPress and possibly other open source platforms.
- Able to manage your own time, priorities and tasks
- An exceptional communicator. You can gracefully break down, solve, and explain, even the most complex problems.
- Experienced with source code control management for deploying updates
- Open towards flexible hours (shared on-call duties).
- Able to switch gears quickly and readjust your focus appropriately.
- Comfortable in a Mac environment
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with CRM systems such as CiviCRM, Sugar, Pivotal or Salesforce
- Familiarity with caching, and performance tuning.
- An eye for design / visual skills
- Digital marketing and/or marketing experience
- A great sense of humour
Some of the perks
- Flexible scheduling
- Casual, Fun, Relaxed Atmosphere (dog friendly)
- Free Coffee, Pop, Juice and Snacks
- Opportunities to Learn, and to advance your career with Wise & Hammer
- Working in beautiful downtown Hamilton
How to apply:
We want to see an amazing cover letter with your resumé convincing us that you are the best person for the job. If you really want to knock our socks off, send us a short video introducing yourself and telling us why you are the right person for the job. (We suggest sending us a link to your unlisted/private video on YouTube or password protected video on Vimeo.)
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title ”I am your Service & Support Specialist”
We look forward to hearing from you!