Wise & Hammer is seeking talented and motivated Business Development Specialists with experience in selling software, web and graphic design related services. We are looking for people who are comfortable working independently and as part of a team.
At Wise & Hammer we create exceptional experiences.
We are an established boutique firm providing high-quality custom design, interactive solutions and professional service and support for a growing list of client/partners. As our Business Development Specialist, you will be selling our software products, online design and development services, as well as our traditional design and support services. You will earn a share of revenue from each account you bring in, along with ongoing monthly commission on all recurring sales. For the right person this role will lead to becoming our Director of Business Development.
- Identify, qualify and win new business that is aligned with Wise & Hammer’s strategic goals and capabilities.
- Prepare and deliver winning proposals and presentations with support from our amazing team.
- Sales consultation meetings / presentations.
- Actively engage in all stages of the sales cycle, from opportunity qualification to proposal presentation/delivery and closing. Take a lead role on each account to ensure that solutions goals are met and customers receive an exceptional experience.
- Utilize W&H Project Management / CRM software to manage closed sales and communicate project needs.
- Work with design and development team to ensure project objectives and deliverables meet client expectations.
- Weekly scheduled sales progress reports/ meetings with management.
- Maintain a minimum sales quota per month.
- A disciplined Self-starter, highly motivated to create new opportunities, relationships and drive results.
- Organized, detail-oriented, with excellent time-management skills.
- An engaging presenter with exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to draw out, listen, fully understand and respond strategically to client needs.
- Outgoing and personable with strong interpersonal skills.
- Professional (but not too professional) in appearance.
- Experienced in our industry with a broad understanding of technology and design.
- Comfortable in a Mac environment
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with open source platforms like Drupal, WordPress etc.
- An eye for design
- Digital marketing and/or marketing experience
- A great sense of humour
Some of the perks
- Flexible scheduling
- Telecommute is okay – but if you want to come in to the office, it is a casual, fun, relaxed atmosphere (dog friendly)
- Free Coffee, Pop, Juice and Snacks
- Opportunities to Learn, and to advance your career with Wise & Hammer
- Paid travel to industry events.
- Working in beautiful downtown Hamilton
- Unlimited earning potential.
- First 6 months commission only income with a generous commission rate based on new business.
- Base salary and full benefits plus commission after 6 months, based on performance review.
- Commissions are paid monthly.
How to apply:
Sell yourself! We want to see an amazing cover letter with your resumé convincing us that you are the best person for the job. If you really want to knock our socks off, send us a short video introducing yourself and telling us why you are the right person for the job. (We suggest sending us a link to your unlisted/private video on YouTube or password protected video on Vimeo.)
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “I am your Business Development Specialist”
We look forward to hearing from you!