At Wise & Hammer we create exceptional experiences.
We are a boutique firm providing high-quality custom design and interactive solutions for a growing list of client/partners. Wise & Hammer has an immediate need for a truly exceptional individual to join our close-knit team. At Wise & Hammer you will be assisting us in crafting exceptional experiences for a variety of outstanding clients. If you are the kind of person who writes lists to organize your lists, or gets almost embarrassingly excited about the discovery of a new project management tool. You should think about joining us!
The General Manager / Digital Projects Assistant is truly the glue that holds Wise & Hammer together. This is an important role where you will:
- Keep on top of project timelines, milestones and task lists, ensuring we are getting things done on time and within the scope of projects.
- Provide support for our digital and design team when they require organizational and admin assistance.
- Draft client communications for our account execs to use in order to update clients and to keep on top of our clients for the things we need from them.
- Compile and sometimes draft content for digital communications.
- Document requirements for our projects.
- Manage the testing of our digital products, providing clear feedback and reports to the team.
- Manage the internal calendar, setup necessary client meetings and create efficient agendas.
- Manage the office environment, coordinating day-to-day tasks such as, organizing the studio, manning the phones, and monitoring the support queue, coordinating meetings, ordering office supplies, and provide general office/management assistance as required.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to build rapport and work effectively with all agency members and clients.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
- Able to juggle many tasks within a short timeframe, with effective prioritization.
- Positive, mature and professional, can-do attitude.
- Must work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proactive thinker who seeks to create efficiencies within the work environment.
- Strong sense of ownership and urgency.
- Must have a high attention to detail.
- Thrive in a delivery focused culture. You should enjoy a fast paced environment, embrace the chaos, and be ready and willing to help wherever there is a need.
- 2+ years of experience, preferably in an interactive agency environment.
- An understanding of project management principles and techniques such as scope management, risk/issue mitigation, team communication and project planning.
- Knowledge of digital technologies, website creation processes, current trends in platforms and a solid interest in online communications.
- Experience with a variety of solutions involving web development, creative/user experience design and digital marketing strategy.
- Experience with common office software and project management tools such as Asana, Harvest, Basecamp, Trello, etc.
What you’ll need to stand out at Wise & Hammer
- Excellent ability to stay on top of a variety of competing tasks and priorities
- Persistent and unwavering in your attention-to-detail.
- Thirst for knowledge and desire to keep expanding your skills.
- Strong drive to achieve goals and the self-motivation to get there.
- Love for client services.
- Written and verbal fluency in Klingon.
- A great sense of humour.
Some of the perks
- Flexible Hours & Unlimited Vacation Time
- Health/Insurance Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life)
- Casual, Fun, Relaxed Atmosphere (dog friendly)
- Free Coffee, Pop, Juice and Snacks
- Opportunities to Learn, Attend Workshops and Conferences
- Challenging Projects, Diverse Client Base
How to apply:
At the very least, we want to see an amazing cover letter with your resumé convincing us that you are the best person for the job. If you really want to knock our socks off, send us a short video introducing yourself and demonstrating why you believe you belong at Wise & Hammer. (We suggest sending us a link to your unlisted/private video on YouTube or password protected video on Vimeo.)
Please send applications to email@example.com with the title ”I am your General Manager”
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note: Only those selected for interview will be contacted.